31 Things That Make Me Happy
I love being happy. I think everyone does. But sadly life has it’s ups and downs and we can’t be happy all of the time - that’d be too easy (and a bit boring too!). It’s impossible to be constantly happy, but perhaps it’s in those times that we’re sad that we learn to truly value being happy.
Although you can’t choose when you’re happy or sad (and the emotions tend to come at the most inconvenient times!), knowing some of the things that make you feel happy can be a great way to make not-so-nice emotions more bearable, by reminding you of the brighter side of life and therefore inspiring more positive thoughts.
For this reason, I thought I’d share a list of things that make me happy in a hope to encourage me to make more of an effort to do things that make me feel good! Maybe it’ll help you think about things that make you happy too?!
1. spontaneous text messages
2. pretty sunsets
3. slicing a bagel perfectly into two even halves
4. listening to my playlist (and rediscovering old songs that I haven't heard for ages on it)
5. eating fruit (especially strawberries, mangoes and pineapples)
7. finding out that there's actually a discount on the clothes you're about to buy
8. spending time with family and friends
9. new (aesthetically pleasing) stationery
10. performing (or receiving) random acts of kindness
12. wearing heels (well, until my feet get sore at least!)
13. a good night’s sleep
14. running (particularly finishing a race or getting a PB)
15. birthdays (I always love celebrations!)
16. hot coffee on a cold morning
17. nailing a workout
18. travelling to different places (particularly experiencing the culture when I'm there too)
19. long sunny days
20. cooking and baking (both sweet and savoury food)
21. High School Musical (the second one is the best!)
23. yummy food (especially if it looks as good as it tastes too)
24. taking good photos
25. wearing the colour yellow
26. getting good grades (and achieving other goals)
27. going on walks
28. reading books (I need to make time to do more of this)
29. having a really good conversation
30. breakfast (as you probably could guess from these posts!)
I hope you enjoyed reading about things that make me happy and that it inspires you to make a list of your own! Remember to smile and do as many things that make you happy as you possibly can!