As you probably know, I’m currently away on holiday in Spain - a fab week in Barcelona followed by a week further South at the beach. Although I’d love to be posting about all of the things I’ve been up to, I feel it’s best to leave this until I’m home so that I have time to edit photos and plan posts properly.
In the meantime, I thought I’d share my latest smoothie bowl recipe (you may have seen it briefly in this post) which I made to celebrate my love of pineapples on International Pineapple Day. This bowl is a vivid green and packs a bit of a protein punch too if you add spirulina powder, so I chose to name it after a very green and very strong superhero... The Incredible Hulk! Here’s the recipe...
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 125ml almond milk
- a large handful of spinach
- 1 kiwi
- a large handful of frozen pineapple
- optional: 1 tsp spirulina powder
- chia seeds
- goji berries
- Chop up a banana and freeze overnight.
- In a blender, blitz together the banana, avocado and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the spinach, kiwi and frozen pineapple (plus spirulina if using) then blend once more until fully combined.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a variety of ingredients - I used kiwi, pineapple, chia seeds and goji berries.
You should still get a bright green colour regardless of whether or not you add spirulina powder, but I’d recommend adding it if you have the chance (read more about it’s benefits in this post). Warning: this smoothie bowl is absolutely huge but it’s so tasty that it really doesn’t matter!
As usual I’d love to hear any thoughts you have on this smoothie bowl and please send me photos and your feedback if you choose to try it for yourself. I promise to get posting some Barcelona-themed content soon so keep an eye out for that in the near future…