The Pros and Cons of Autumn
Today is the autumnal equinox (when the sun shines directly at the equator, resulting in almost exactly equal amounts of daylight and darkness), therefore, according to astronomers, today is the first official day of autumn - yay!! I don’t have a favourite season as such, but there’s something about autumn that always makes me smile… Anyway, I thought I’d share my thoughts on the pros and cons of autumn now that it’s finally arrived!
- Cute cosy jumpers
- So many pumpkins
- Guy Fawkes Night (particularly all of the fireworks)
- The build up to Christmas
- Horror movie marathons
- My mum and dad's birthdays
- The fashion
- Gorgeous colours of leaves as they turn
- Pretty cloudy skies
- Warm fires
- All of the good TV shows return
- Going on walks and watching the seasons change
- Days get shorter (and the nights get longer)
- It gets colder outside
- Rain. Rain. And more rain (especially in Glasgow!)
- Lots of coursework and homework to finish for school
- Feeling tired with the messed up daylight hours
- No holidays in November
- Fallen leaves clog up drains
- Everyone gets ill with coughs and colds
So, as you probably guessed, I’m a big fan of autumn - my list of pros definitely outweighs the cons! On top of everything I’ve listed, there are loads of extra reasons why I’m looking forward to these next few months in particular, including the School of Rock musical, my one year vegan anniversary, fashion show and (most of all) a trip to Barcelona to see Shakira for her El Dorado world tour! Autumn is definitely going to be a busy season for me - what about you?
And if you’re looking for a song to really get you into the autumn mood, listen to September by Earth Wind & Fire - it’s been stuck in my head for the last week!
Have you got anything you’re looking forward to in the next few months?
What’s your favourite season?